NightOwl Forums
Tommy Blank - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Tommy Blank (/showthread.php?tid=23877)

Tommy Blank - mybankey - 07-11-2008

What brand of paint do I use to paint the TOMMY mask? Do they sell it in stores or do you have to order it? I would like to be able to get it at the store. Anyone know?Thanks,Tom

Tommy Blank - addison.morarre - 07-11-2008

Hey Tom, some people like to use liquitex brand latex paint, but I simply buy basic acrylic paint and make a mixture of latex, paint, and water. That is for the base coat, then for the rest just use paint thinned with water. It is best to use mostly latex in the latex mixture, with just a little bit of color in there and just enough water to water it down to airbrush. hope that helped.Addison

Thanks, I wasnt sure and had heard that never use acrylic paint because it would crack.Thanks,Tom

Tommy Blank - addison.morarre - 07-11-2008

<!--quoteo(post=266779:date=Jul 11 2008, 06:02 PM:name=mybankey)<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(mybankey @ Jul 11 2008, 06:02 PM) <a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=266779\"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class=\'quotemain\'><!--quotecThanks, I wasnt sure and had heard that never use acrylic paint because it would crack.Thanks,Tom<!--QuoteEnd</div><!--QuoteEEndOh, that definitely can happen if you paint it the wrong way. What you need to do is make sure you avoid layering the paint too much. if you build up a thick layer of paint it will crack. A good technique is applying layers and wing them away, adding color but not caking it on. It is easy to do too much, so be careful.

I have been painting with CREATEX AIRBRUSH COLORS but they have a limited selection of colors.And I dont have an airbrush gun, I use a regular paintbrush. I will try what I can and hope for the best. Here is a Frankenstein mask I just painted, still needs hair. Let me know what ya think?

Tommy Blank - addison.morarre - 07-12-2008

<!--quoteo(post=266787:date=Jul 11 2008, 07:45 PM:name=mybankey)<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(mybankey @ Jul 11 2008, 07:45 PM) <a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=266787\"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class=\'quotemain\'><!--quotecI have been painting with CREATEX AIRBRUSH COLORS but they have a limited selection of colors.And I dont have an airbrush gun, I use a regular paintbrush. I will try what I can and hope for the best. Here is a Frankenstein mask I just painted, still needs hair. Let me know what ya think?<!--QuoteEnd</div><!--QuoteEEndLooks good! that should work fine then, from what i hear the screenused masks were painted by hand and not airbrush. Just make sure you dont do it too thick and good luck!

Tommy Blank - mybankey - 07-12-2008

Thank you Addison!I cant wait for your mask mold!!!Tom