NightOwl Forums
Model Kits - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Model Kits (/showthread.php?tid=35323)

Model Kits - pzuzu - 07-24-2010

I've recently gotten into model kits. I can't believe I didn't discover them sooner than this. I've known about them, but never truly understood how rewarding they can be in a collection. And now I'm obsessed. I've been buying kits I really like and having Nick over at moviemodelkits.com paint them and assemble them for me as my budget allows.

Here are pictures of the two kits I already have in my possession. The Screamin' Jason. This is the one that started it for me. When I saw how beautiful Nick made it, I was hooked. I had seen others before, but I never felt they looked all that great. Nick did a badass job on this guy.

Then I got the Young Jason kit. I asked Nick to make him as movie accurate as possible. He definitely came through.

Sorry the phone pictures aren't better.

Currently in the mail is the kit I have been dying for! Tom Savini's Fluffy! It has been in the works for a few months due to so many complications. The folks at resinrealities.net are absolutely wonderful. They helped me complete this kit. I've also got their Mist Creature kit in the works (Nick already has it in his possession, along with a Screamin' Jason Goes to Hell kit).

Also, if you guys don't mind (I hope this is allowed), I've gotta plug Nick from moviemodelkits.com. The guy is a breeze to work with, emails me constantly with updates and progress shots. He's also incredibly fair with prices. So if you're interested in having him do work for you, don't hesitate. He went beyond what I expected to complete Fluffy for me so he's totally the man! Check out that Alien chestbuster kit he's got for sale right now...along with an amazing glow-in-the-dark Screamin' Dr. Channard. They'd so be mine if I didn't have other priorities. WOW!

But what about you guys? Anybody else into model kits? If so, please please show them off!

-Fernando

Model Kits - IeatherfaceIX - 07-24-2010

WoW!! What nice pieces you have here. The fluffy is sooooo Nice!! Congrats!!

Model Kits - pzuzu - 07-24-2010

Thanks! I can't wait til he arrives...I won't rest easy until then. LOL.

Model Kits - robocop - 07-25-2010

I have built and painted a few,but it's been a coulpe of years. I have A really nice hulk to get to.
[Image: 33xvjnb.jpg]
[Image: 2qmnhwl.jpg]
[Image: rh0gol.jpg]

Model Kits - pzuzu - 07-25-2010

Robocop, those are awesome! Really nice work on those two! The eyes on that Terminator totally look like they're lit up! And I love the springs...lol, awesome. Is that a custom base for it? Pretty creative. The robocop also has some really cool details only someone with talent would be able to do. I wish I was even remotely talented enough to put one together clumsily, let alone as nice as yours. Thanks for showing those off!

Model Kits - robocop - 07-25-2010

(07-25-2010, 05:41 AM)pzuzu date Wrote: Robocop, those are awesome! Really nice work on those two! The eyes on that Terminator totally look like they're lit up! And I love the springs...lol, awesome. Is that a custom base for it? Pretty creative. The robocop also has some really cool details only someone with talent would be able to do. I wish I was even remotely talented enough to put one together clumsily, let alone as nice as yours. Thanks for showing those off!

Thanks man! The terminator was a real beeeoootch to paint and build. I did make the base for him. I made the walls from floral foam with bondo over it,and the rocks from clay. He had a nasty fall and broke his arm and base. I still need to do something with hi. He's in my file cabinet right now. The robocop was a fun one to do. It was a clean version so i did the battle damage my self. I used a exacto kinfe and dremmle tool to add the damage. I still have him on my desk. Robocop is one of my alltime favorite movies. I made this to.
It plays about 5000 arcade games using a arcade emulator. [Image: 2znvdjt.jpg]
I only ever built vinyl kits because there easy to build and dont have a million parts or require much filling and sanding. Theres usually six or so. If you want to start out painting/ building I would look around ebay for some characters you like and find the recast from thailand to practice on. I dont usually support recasting of any kind but for someone starting out its a very inexpensive way to hone there skills and not mess up a $100.00 model kit. It can be ver relaxing to build them. I always did at when i was stressed out. Have you checked out http://www.theclubhouse1.net

It was always the best forum and the have a great gallery to lok through.

Later.

Model Kits - gk asylum - 07-25-2010

(07-24-2010, 06:55 PM)pzuzu date Wrote: I've recently gotten into model kits. I can't believe I didn't discover them sooner than this. I've known about them, but never truly understood how rewarding they can be in a collection. And now I'm obsessed. I've been buying kits I really like and having Nick over at moviemodelkits.com paint them and assemble them for me as my budget allows.

Here are pictures of the two kits I already have in my possession. The Screamin' Jason. This is the one that started it for me. When I saw how beautiful Nick made it, I was hooked. I had seen others before, but I never felt they looked all that great. Nick did a badass job on this guy.

Then I got the Young Jason kit. I asked Nick to make him as movie accurate as possible. He definitely came through.

Sorry the phone pictures aren't better.

Currently in the mail is the kit I have been dying for! Tom Savini's Fluffy! It has been in the works for a few months due to so many complications. The folks at resinrealities.net are absolutely wonderful. They helped me complete this kit. I've also got their Mist Creature kit in the works (Nick already has it in his possession, along with a Screamin' Jason Goes to Hell kit).

Also, if you guys don't mind (I hope this is allowed), I've gotta plug Nick from moviemodelkits.com. The guy is a breeze to work with, emails me constantly with updates and progress shots. He's also incredibly fair with prices. So if you're interested in having him do work for you, don't hesitate. He went beyond what I expected to complete Fluffy for me so he's totally the man! Check out that Alien chestbuster kit he's got for sale right now...along with an amazing glow-in-the-dark Screamin' Dr. Channard. They'd so be mine if I didn't have other priorities. WOW!

But what about you guys? Anybody else into model kits? If so, please please show them off!

-Fernando
I've built a few .
Here's my website.
It's a fun hobby.
Larry
http://larrysgaragekitasylum.com/

Model Kits - pzuzu - 07-25-2010

Robocop: knowing that about your robocop model makes it that much better. And thanks for the idea of using recasts for practice. Guess they have a positive use after all! Never even considered that. Sorry to hear about the Terminator figure...that sucks. So...can you play Galaga on that thing? Cuz if you can I'm coming over!

And Larry, WOW! Those kits are so badass! Do you still build them? I noticed your website hasn't been updated in a while so wasn't sure. And is that skinless Julia kit still available? I've never seen it before. What a beauty! Holy crap! Really NICE work. I'm completely blown away.

Model Kits - gk asylum - 07-25-2010

(07-25-2010, 06:41 PM)pzuzu date Wrote: Robocop: knowing that about your robocop model makes it that much better. And thanks for the idea of using recasts for practice. Guess they have a positive use after all! Never even considered that. Sorry to hear about the Terminator figure...that sucks. So...can you play Galaga on that thing? Cuz if you can I'm coming over!

And Larry, WOW! Those kits are so badass! Do you still build them? I noticed your website hasn't been updated in a while so wasn't sure. And is that skinless Julia kit still available? I've never seen it before. What a beauty! Holy crap! Really NICE work. I'm completely blown away.
Thanks,
I haven't done much in a while.
I do need to update the site though.
The last kit I did was the big Kothoga.
The Julia kit was produced by Netherworld
a long time ago.
I haven't seen one available but you never know.
Larry

Model Kits - SideshowFreak - 07-26-2010

The crate beats and Robocop kits are very cool. Thanks for sharing.

-Jared