NightOwl Forums
Narcisse-Wip-Update - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Narcisse-Wip-Update (/showthread.php?tid=37059)

Pages: 1 2 3

Narcisse-Wip-Update - vezolution - 03-06-2011

I've always love this character from Nightbreed, and I have never seen it done before so I thought I'd tackle it.
I started this once before and scrapped it but I thought it was time I try again. I'd say I'm about 70% there.
I know I have to fix the mouth, and do some more work on the right (viewing) side of the head. A lot of smoothing
and work on the back has to be done as well as detailing in the neck and ears. I am pretty pleased at where I stand right now though so I figured I'd show
some pics in progress. Any critique is a good critique, thanks! Hope you enjoy!!!

[Image: IMG_5220.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5222.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5221.jpg]

Narcisse-Wip-Update - The Boogeyman 1978 - 03-06-2011

[color="#00FF00"]That is looking great, Justin. Cool choice for a project. [/color]

Narcisse-Wip-Update - stainboy - 03-06-2011

Yeah.....really outstanding. Please update us!

Narcisse-Wip-Update - pluto - 03-06-2011

Justin your going to knock it outta the park!!
Looks golly gee willikers good!!

Thanks guys, I keep taking pics, looking, and trying to fix errors I see. I want to really get this one right.

Narcisse-Wip-Update - Chainsaw - 03-06-2011

I think it's about time Nightbreed got some more love! Narcisse is a great character and I'm quite surprised nobody has tackled him before. I think he's coming along nicely J-man. If it's ok, I'd like to point out a couple of things I see. I think there may be too much 'skin' remaining around his face. For example, the skin on his forehead seems to go too high up on his head, and I think there may be slightly too much skin to the sides of his eyes going towards his ears. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be bone or muscle running from the cheek areas to the ear, but I think a little more could be visible. Also, I think your nose is too pointy and sticks out too far.... I see it angling down more than outwards.

I'm sure you have lots of screen caps but here are a couple that I think better illustrate what I'm referring to. Also, here are a couple of pics of 'dummy heads' from the film. One has almost the same angle as your first pic so I think it's a great reference.

Hope I'm not being too picky man, just trying to help. Great job so far!
[attachment=34227:Narcisse - Night Breed.JPG] [attachment=34228:Narcisse - Nightbreed.jpg]
[attachment=34231:Narcisse (2).JPG] [attachment=34230:Narcisse (1).JPG] [attachment=34229:Narcisse.JPG]

Thanks Jason. This is one of the reasons I wanted to post it. After staring at this for so long while working on it I tend to miss some details.
You're absolutely right, I appreciate the suggestions. I really want this to be as perfect as I can get it. Thanks again bud!

Narcisse-Wip-Update - SideshowFreak - 03-08-2011

This is coming along nicely J. I really can't wait to see it finished.

-Jared

Narcisse-Wip-Update - DrenTheLiar - 03-08-2011

ahhhhh, that's awesome!

Narcisse-Wip-Update - vezolution - 03-26-2011

Thought I'd share some updated pics of the sculpt.
It's getting there, slowly but surely. As always feel free to
leave comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
Justin

[Image: newnar2.jpg]

[Image: newnar1.jpg]

[Image: newnar3.jpg]

[Image: newnar4.jpg]