NightOwl Forums
Convention Pics! - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Convention Pics! (/showthread.php?tid=38971)

Pages: 1 2

Convention Pics! - puckface - 04-09-2012

Hey guys, James Mangrum (creator of the His Unlucky Day bust) and I made our ways to the Lonewolf Horror/Tattoo convention yesterday. It had a pretty awesome lineup. Including some great Halloween guests. Tom Atkins, George Wilbur, Brad Loree, etc. I had already gotten Brad\'s autograph in the past, so Tom and George were such a big deal to me. Tom was easily one of THE nicest stars I\'ve met. He was so tickled when I asked to take a photo, then I pulled the H3 masks out of my backpack. When he saw them, he goes "Oh no...." and I said "Yep, we\'re wearing these bad boys" and he says, "I\'m not putting that dam thing on again." :tongue: He even asked if I\'ve heard about the masks being re-released. So it\'s nice to hear he stays in the loop. 4

George was a pleasure as well. After we spoke for 5 or 10 minutes, I asked if he\'d seen the Family Guy episode that he was mention in. He said "Oh yes! I was hoping someone would ask about that! You saw it?!?"...Very kind guy. Then after I snapped a photo, he asks my girlfriend to get one too. He said "Oh get over here miss, it\'s not every day I get to be in a photo with a pretty gal."

But the best part was definitely James having his personal HUD copy signed by Ted White. I have never seen an actor so impressed with a piece as Ted was. He stared at the bust and talked with James for quite some time, and even insisted that James speak with his agent. The funniest thing he said was...."Do you know what Tom Savini was payed to work on the film? $25,000 dollars a week, for 6 weeks. So you need to get yourself down to Hollywood because you\'re work is amazing!"

Annnywaays, I could go on for hours about how awesome the guests were this year, but I will just post some pics and shut up. Hope you dig them!

[Image: DSC_0732a.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0734-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0735-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0736-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0737-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0738.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0739-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0740-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0741-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0742-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0743-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0744-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0745.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0746.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0747.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0748.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0749.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0751.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0752.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0753.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0757-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0759.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0760.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0761.jpg]

Funny, this is the mask I created for Kane Hodder in the indie film Old Habits Die Hard. It\'s strange seeing it on a banner
[Image: DSC_0762.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0764-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0765.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0767-1.jpg]

James with Swan (Michael Beck) form The Warriors
[Image: DSC_0768.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0769-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0770-1.jpg]

And my autos
[Image: DSC_0772-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0773-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0774-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0775-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0776-1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0778-1.jpg]

I also got to meet an idol of mine, Ace Frehley. The whole experience was pretty quick, but very cool. He has more security than the freakin\' president! I hooked him up with the SpaceMan hockey mask and he seemed to really like it. He even gave me an extra autograph on the house which was VERY cool of him. He made a funny remark that I thought was pure genius. When he saw it, he said "Hey look out guys, it\'s Frehley the 13th!". So it\'s safe to say that will be the name of my next Ace Hockey Mask.

[Image: DSC_0777.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0779.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0781.jpg]

Thanks for looking!

Convention Pics! - vezolution - 04-09-2012

Great pics, looks like an awesome time! Love the Ted pics, he\'s such a great guy.

Convention Pics! - Chainsaw - 04-09-2012

AWESOME pics Scott; obviously you guys had a great time! Tom Atkins is one of the few people left that I would really love to meet but keep missing his con appearances. Some day.....

I\'m very happy for James as well!! A few people know that I like to get my masks/busts signed whenever possible; I would truely love to be able to get Ted\'s signature on my copy.

Thanks for posting the pics my man.

Convention Pics! - richardmalone - 04-10-2012

Nice pictures! I was there on Friday. I saw Ted White in the lobby of the Nashville Convention center. He was talking to some of the staff I assumed he was lost so I walked over to ask of he needed help. When I called him by name he said, "How do you know who I am?" I told him you are Ted White of course I know who you are. He was surprised. Eventually I got him on his way.
How did you like that anime con going on at the same time?

Convention Pics! - badnewskruse - 04-10-2012

Awesome pics for sure!!!!! Ted is one of the very few Jason\'s I have never met. After seeing your thread on MM.net I buckled down and bought tickets to Chiller. So finally at the end of the month I\'ll make the 4hr drive just for Ted. Did he have a nice selection of 8x10\'s?

Convention Pics! - Ol#39; Chop Top - 04-11-2012

Cool! Thanks for sharing.