NightOwl Forums
If You Bought A Legendary 7 From Lars10 It's A Recast - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: If You Bought A Legendary 7 From Lars10 It's A Recast (/showthread.php?tid=39758)

If You Bought A Legendary 7 From Lars10 It's A Recast - crazydog500 - 01-20-2013

Just talked to Justin and he said it was ok to post this.

First let me start off i\'m not hear to start any trouble i\'m just looking out for everyone and trying to show to true colors of Lars10 aka Neal. Been keeping my mouth shut for months now, and i just have to say something since everyone thinks lars is a nice guy etc.

Story goes i got a Part 7 mask straight from Hollywood i had no idea what i got since it looked like the Red 7 and i was so happy because i got something pretty awesome. After posting it everyone said you don\'t have a recasted 7 you have something very different but it was for sure casted off the Part 7 hero mask like Mario\'s with only different little things. And some say this mask from the mold it came from was made way before Mario started his masks. Anyways after i posted it Lars contacted me wanting one like 4 months after i posted it. Saying i really want one for my personal collection i would kill to have one. I will offer you this much for one and i was like wow ok, i will see if my guy said he can pull another one. So me being nice i got him one even 2 because he was upset that the other one was chipped and all that and it wasn\'t bad. I kinda knew something was up when he said i was better then Crash and i liked your work from the start. Trying to get his way and all that. After he got them i have not got one message from him saying thanks or i got them in. 3 months go by and my friend linked me to his ebay listing saying Legendary 7\'s. And he said doesn\'t that look familiar and we both agreed it was my mask he recasted and selling them cheaper then his normal masks. And we matched everything up and it\'s a for sure fact it\'s a recast. Even very well known respected talented artists agree with me. My mask has a mold flaw with is shown in the pic and Lars\'s mask has the very same flaw in it. And after talking to him on the phone for over a hour he said i get my masks from a guy i\'m not telling you about which are way better then yours. And he wouldn\'t tell me who, he said there straight from a movie mold. If so why would it have the same mold flaw? And my guy who pulled mine said he tried asking him for one and he said no. The mold is pretty much shot so i know for a fact he didn\'t get one from him and my buddy wouldn\'t lie. Plus i have a mold coming from him for this mask which is legit and he said i can sell them now. The thing that gets me mad is he went behind my back and pulled this. After this happen he has yet to come back on the forums or sell hockey masks because a few people know about this. Like i said trying to spread the word on what he really is.

Original Upsize picture.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm101/crazydog500photos/orig7r.jpg

[Image: fsdfwj.jpg]

If You Bought A Legendary 7 From Lars10 It's A Recast - IbDaToNeGuY - 01-20-2013

It is disapointing to say the least , but honestly , who doesn\'t recast hockey masks these days ? There\'s a certain other company that I won\'t name but i\'m sure you know who he is claimed to sell from the "original mold " and then some other hockey masks that he had no part in whatsoever . So where\'s he getting molds for those ? Basiclly unless people start sculpting a Hockey Mask from scratch and post pics of progress , anyone is subject to recasting . He does nice work though , but still not good to go behind someones back that helped you out and then lie about it . It was just a matter of time before we saw another mask maker run away after getting caught with scams .

If You Bought A Legendary 7 From Lars10 It's A Recast - crazydog500 - 01-20-2013

(01-01-1970, 12:01 AM)ToN link Wrote:It is disapointing to say the least , but honestly , who doesn\'t recast hockey masks these days ? There\'s a certain other company that I won\'t name but i\'m sure you know who he is claimed to sell from the "original mold " and then some other hockey masks that he had no part in whatsoever . So where\'s he getting molds for those ? Basiclly unless people start sculpting a Hockey Mask from scratch and post pics of progress , anyone is subject to recasting . He does nice work though , but still not good to go behind someones back that helped you out and then lie about it . It was just a matter of time before we saw another mask maker run away after getting caught with scams .
Yeah i know who your talking about lol.
But thing is with Lars he went behind my back and did this and he said it was for his personal collection which was a lie. And the owner who gave me this hockey mask told me not to recast it or sell them, Because at first i wanted to sell a couple and he said no. But now i bought the mold from the owner and i have permission to do it now, unlike what Lars did. If the owner was gone or not alive there is some what of a difference.

If You Bought A Legendary 7 From Lars10 It's A Recast - IbDaToNeGuY - 01-20-2013

Yeah I totally understand where you\'re coming from . Some people claim they have "permission" and some just buy a mask or sometimes blanks and recast it like Bob Causeys Lost Boys bust got recasted from someone in Germany . And countless other people recast so many things . But I think the hockey masks are the most recasted of any mask so there\'s really no telling of the original origin unless you get it from someone like you did or the director of the film or the head of the FX department .

If You Bought A Legendary 7 From Lars10 It's A Recast - nsmpls - 01-21-2013

Its all about money
after awhile it seems to take a way to see it as get what you can how ever you can.
Life is short and I have bills
Booooyyyya