NightOwl Forums
Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt (/showthread.php?tid=39763)

Pages: 1 2

Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - puckface - 01-22-2013

Started this today as my first project of the semester. I plan on vacuum forming copies and will put together a nice display for the finished mask. Hopefully things go well and I\'m able to make a successful buck out it this. (It\'s tricky when you have slight undercuts)

[Image: 251803_462417827156432_2007554450_n.jpg]
Not much, only an hour or so in, but I\'m excited to get back to the studio and keep on truckin.

Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - IbDaToNeGuY - 01-23-2013

So will this version be from the first movie ? I hope so because i\'ve only seen 1 person so far who has made one and those are hard to find at times . Others just look ehh if you know what I mean . Def. interested in this one for sure .

Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - puckface - 01-23-2013

I planned on making this a bit of a mix of the film mask with the cartoon style. I\'ve been using this picture for reference as well.

[Image: casey_jones_by_davidrapozaart-d3bjpyy.jpg]

Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - richardmalone - 01-23-2013

Cool, bro. Can\'t wait to see how this turns out. How long do you have to finish this for your class?

Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - puckface - 01-23-2013

Im going to try for 3 or 4 sculpts this semester. Hopefully all things I can vacuum form, so maybe a couple weeks per piece. (including sculpting, molding, casting, forming, painting, etc)

Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - puckface - 01-24-2013

Small updated. I\'ve gone ahead and decided on the shape. It\'s somewhat like the movie mask, but I\'ve changed the brow quite a bit. I styled them a bit after the 89 Batman mask in a way. I thought it added something to the mask with the sharp angles and distinguished features. Hope you guys like it so far.
[Image: 74612_463386827059532_24907630_n.jpg]

Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - Bezzerkerr - 01-25-2013

great work. I\'m really digging it. I love the reference pic you posted above.

Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - puckface - 01-26-2013

thanks man!

Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - puckface - 01-27-2013

Another small update. Getting the symmetry down. Probably another day or two of tweaking before molding. I\'m gonna get this as smooth as possible, but being wed clay, it\'s a bit difficult. So I plan on using a similar technique that was done on the Batman Returns armor and make a plaster cast after molding and sand it until it\'s as smooth as can be. I\'ll fill any imperfections with wood filler to be safe. Once it\'s as smooth as can be, I will then remold the cast and (hopefully) have a nearly flawless buck to vacuum form with.

But anyways, I will take photos of the final sculpt and maybe some molding photos as soon as the time comes. Until then, here\'s a shot I took after I wrapped it up for the day.

[Image: 45553_464697230261825_1283631792_n.jpg]

Casey Jones Hockey Mask Sculpt - richardmalone - 01-28-2013

Looks great man!