Rank The Phantasm Films

This is the forum to talk about anything other than NIGHTOWL Productions.

(ie: "Look at this site" or "look at my sculpt")

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Shadow

Rank The Phantasm Films

Postby Shadow » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Hey all, I've been a member here for a while but haven't gotten around to posting due to forgetting until I checked my e-mails and saw I had an account here. Love NOP's work and this forum seems cool :) There seem to be a sizable number of Phantasm fans here, which is awesome as it's my all-time favorite Horror series among many others. I love every entry in their own way. How would you rank them all in order? For me:

Phantasm II
Phantasm
Phantasm IV: Oblivion
Phantasm III: Lord Of The Dead

Love them all and hope we get a fifth at some point.

Hideous Looking Man

Re: Rank The Phantasm Films

Postby Hideous Looking Man » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:15 pm

Welcome aboard man, good to see you here.

I actually like the Phantasm series in the exact order they were made/released. Probably one of the few series I feel that way about. I would certainly agree that Phantasm II is the most "well made" of all the entries though. I think that's also a reason so many rank it as their most favorite installment. I still prefer the first one the most myself. It just has a very vivid, "fever dream" sort of quality to it. It feels very surreal and remains unnerving for me because of that. It's just a wonderfully jarring experience. I appreciate the slickness of Part II though. The humor in the third doesn't put me off like it does many, but I would agree it's a little too silly at times. Still, I enjoy the energy and pacing of it. I haven't seen IV in a while, and only saw it a couple of times many years ago. I remember not thinking too much of it at the time, only because it seemed like they were trying to make a new movie largely out of old unused footage lol. I definitely need to revisit it and see how I feel about it years later, as opinions sometimes change. I'd love to see a fifth one too, but I think they've waited too long to do it.

badnewskruse

Postby badnewskruse » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:28 am

timbs2007

Postby timbs2007 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:37 pm

timbs2007

Postby timbs2007 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:38 pm

badnewskruse wrote:1

dang chad do you not like part 2? that's my favorite one. lol

badnewskruse

Postby badnewskruse » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:42 am

I do like it but I need Michael Baldwin in there. But I have no dislike for it just my least fav out of all

Return to “Off Topic”