Paramount Sets Date of march 13th 2015 for New Jason Movie

This is the forum to talk about anything other than NIGHTOWL Productions.

(ie: "Look at this site" or "look at my sculpt")

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Homicidal#9
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Paramount Sets Date of march 13th 2015 for New Jason Mov

Postby Homicidal#9 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:52 pm

All of these found footage rumors that are floating around really concern me...

Take care,
Tommy

Drifting Turd

Postby Drifting Turd » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:39 pm

When we say "found footage" are we talking about like a movie made out of hand held personal video camera? Like a Blair Witch style Friday the 13th movie?

Hopefully not.

Hideous Looking Man

Postby Hideous Looking Man » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:51 pm

Yep, that's exactly what we're talking about here. The rumors I've heard basically set Jason up as the usual urban legend-type figure who's lurking around but barely seen, picking people off per the usual formula, but in the style of found footage, which has the presentation of someone's home videos taken while at summer camp.

And yeah - it's a terrible idea. The problem at large that seems to consistently plague the F13 franchise since The New Blood is some misguided sense or forced "need" to constantly reinvent the wheel with the story and approach, when that's not what any of us really want. Just make a reliable entry that does what we expect ala the first 7 films and we're perfectly happy. It still baffles me how much so many folks hated the '09 reboot. Sure, it wasn't perfect by any stretch, but it more or less got back to reliable basics with the setting and atmosphere and made Jason a lethal, "human" threat again. It almost sounds like he's going to be "supernatural" once again somehow in the found footage approach. Blah. lol

ullilein

Postby ullilein » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:14 pm

I think when done right the "found footage" thing can be quite effective. I think it could work Jason has always been an urban legend and this would be a good way to expose Jason since he is good at leaving few witnesses that no one belives.

If they did a half and half film like Behind the Mask the Rise of Lesely Vernon where the first half is the found footage and the 2nd half is a traditional horror where a team goes to investigate but are picked off one by one it could be pretty cool.

I also would not mind seeing a bit more of the town people via the found footage, in the remake I got the vibe they were trying to hide and protect Jason esp. the lady in the woods. I would like more of their story and the found footage docu vibe would be perfect to get their story out while not over complicating the main storyline.

psychosocial91

Postby psychosocial91 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:29 am

I think Jason is the only one who could possibly lend himself to that type of film. It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Return to “Off Topic”