I used to live here.

This is the forum to talk about anything other than NIGHTOWL Productions.

(ie: "Look at this site" or "look at my sculpt")

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

Slasher Asher

Re: I used to live here.

Postby Slasher Asher » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Seen a couple of threads here complaining about the low forum activity. Ironically, most of them are created by people who no longer are that active here anymore. Such as in this case. If the forum search engine is correct, then it's nearly a year since the OP previously posted here.

Bezzerkerr

Postby Bezzerkerr » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:07 pm

for me, it's all format. Even now i created a thread and posted, and the post and thread are nowhere to be found...awaiting moderator review.

I know there are spammers, but not being able to immediately see what you posted sucks. This place used to thrive. it can come back, but it's gotta go back to basics.

richardmalone

Postby richardmalone » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:02 pm

I'm on here weekly, but on my phone and it's a pain to post on it.

Would anyone be interested in getting a weekly discussion going? Maybe if we picked a day and time we could get more people posting. Just an idea...

Homicidal#9
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Homicidal#9 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:07 am

i am all for it...

take care,
Tommy

Chainsaw

Postby Chainsaw » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:30 am

I'm down for that Jason.

MONSTERLUVER

Postby MONSTERLUVER » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:04 am

I'm down for that to man !! ;) I used to come here alot as well ...mostly as a lurker though, considering my post count !! LOL Mainly because... MM.NET, and The HMA were the first two forums, I joined when I started collecting ...so they have always kinda been my "home" forums !! I would however be very interested in bringin NIGHTOWL back to life !!! ;) I know, that I would be here more often now.... if it were to come back full swing !!

shadowmyst

Postby shadowmyst » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:01 am

So this is the first time I've logged into my account in a few years, and wow has this place died. It's kinda sad actually. My first purchase from this forum ever was an spfx freddy. I'm sure alot of people remember it, I was the only one who offered the crazy price of $2000 to buy it haha!

stainboy

Postby stainboy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:17 am

Slasher Asher wrote:Seen a couple of threads here complaining about the low forum activity. Ironically, most of them are created by people who no longer are that active here anymore. Such as in this case. If the forum search engine is correct, then it's nearly a year since the OP previously posted here.

Hence my post, I used to live here.

psychosocial91

Postby psychosocial91 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:43 am

Been a while since I posted. Just can't afford the pieces like I used to. I remember when $150 would get you a really nice piece, now... not so much. Just a shame that things have slowed down so much. Just all cross your fingers for a resurgence!

tcm

Postby tcm » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:40 am

Miss this place, man It's been years since Ive been around but it's good to see there are still a couple of ya frequenting this place!

darko@totalgeek

Postby darko@totalgeek » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:43 am

Still drop by from time to time. As far as bust go........I've kept the best of the best, sold the rest and only regrated selling 3.

The current $$ exchange rate at the moment is killing anyone outside the US. A bust worth $287.00 US is just over 400.00 plus postage. :'(

Chainsaw

Postby Chainsaw » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:41 pm

I agree 100% about the exchange rate... sucks!! I live in Canada and the exchange is the worst it's been in 10 years.

JekyllMd

Postby JekyllMd » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:33 pm

You guys are not kidding when you say this place is dead. Wow; I remember back in the day I would rush home from work to see any new posts and spend hours on the site just reading all the updates.

I think the reason for this site dieing is the fact a lot of people including myself was ripped off from certain people and that in turn made me loose some interest in mask collecting. I also felt at the time the admins were protecting these individuals in removing posts that had to do with bad mouthing them. Just my 2 cents and not to undermine anyone.

Hope to see this site get back on its feet and be a enjoyable place again.

dougie

Postby dougie » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:07 am

I agree! In fact that's exactly what happened to me by a mod on this forum.

FreddysNightmare

Postby FreddysNightmare » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:41 pm

This place was a second home for me too. It used to be a thriving community of very friendly mask and horror prop collectors. I agree with what someone else said about the moderators taking down threads that went negative or were bashing other users. I feel that was a mistake. Back in the day we had that douche Travis Cowsil rip off a load of people and seemingly got away with it. Then we had another douche Ken Hastings who also took peoples money and ran. Sheep I had to wait for 2 whole years for Ken to post me my part 4 glove after I paid him for it. At least I was one of the lucky ones and managed to get the item I paid for in the end.

As this was or is a community it is my opinion that we have to look out for each other. So if reports start coming in of a user who is committing acts of theft or fraud then I believe we should be able to verbally bash that person on here to our hearts content! This then shows two things, 1: That the fraudster will be publicly named and shamed which should prevent others from even considering doing something like that. 2: It warns all other potential customers or victims of said fraudster. The mods on here made a big mistake locking down threads and letting these criminals get away with their actions with no consequence. Very pussy on the mods part. Keep the forum clean and all that BS they used to band around. I'm sorry but you are only on here if you are an adult because this is an adult hobby and profanity should not shock adults. Theres my 2 cents and here comes the barrage of disagreement gang. Wonder why the sites dead? Because mods heavily policed the Sheep out of this place thus taking away our right to free speech while coveting the pay pal scamming theifs! 8)

Return to “Off Topic”