The Old CGP Evil Dead 2 Evil Ash.

Come here to talk about Monsters, Aliens, Creatures, etc.

Moderators: Moderator, Global Moderator

evilsmellyclown
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The Old CGP Evil Dead 2 Evil Ash.

Postby evilsmellyclown » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 am

Not a new piece by any stretch of the imagination, but I received something in the mail a few days ago and in the box, as filler or stuffing, was this old ratty denim button up shirt. I thought it might look good on this old piece i have had FOREVER. I washed it and put it on him, restuffed him and gave him a crazy Robert Smith (80's The Cure) hair do. It really made him come to life. I know the shirt and hair are not accurate to ED2 but I sure had fun with him. Thx for checking him out fellers.

Mike

ImageImageImage

Hideous Looking Man

Re: The Old CGP Evil Dead 2 Evil Ash.

Postby Hideous Looking Man » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:28 am

Niiiice. Love the hair LOL. He and my Evil Ed should hang out sometime. Have some Deadite shop talk lol.

evilsmellyclown
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby evilsmellyclown » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:32 pm

HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME!!! Been wanting an evil Ed forever. I come close every time but it slips away. Who made this one bro?

They would look incredible sitting side by side.

Mike

Hideous Looking Man

Postby Hideous Looking Man » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:00 pm

This version was made by Harry Inman. Mid-2000's, I believe. I think the run was less than 10-12. This particular copy belonged to David Lady. I bought it off him last September.

You just missed a very nice Jon Fuller version on the Bay - it was listed twice, but doesn't look as though it ever sold. Seller is out of New Jersey. Might try contacting them and see if you can work a deal!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jon-Fuller-EVIL ... 7675.l2557

evilsmellyclown
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby evilsmellyclown » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Awesome thanks man.

Inman..... Haven't heard that name in a while. He ripped me off for like $400. Drug addict douchebag. I think I heard he died. Might just be in jail though. either way, good riddance!!

Mike

Hideous Looking Man

Postby Hideous Looking Man » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Ouch, sorry to hear that man. I never knew or dealt with him directly. I own two pieces he made, but both of them came from other fellow collectors. Shame to hear he had a drug problem. Seems to be a recurring issue with a lot of talented folks though. I also heard he passed away. I'm guessing it was true since it popped up in many collecting circles that he was, in fact, gone. Anyway, hate to hear about bad experiences from anyone. That always puts a damper on this great hobby. I've had a few close calls where I really had to rattle someone's cage to get my stuff, but I've never been taken advantage of outright... yet. I sincerely hope that day never comes... for whoever's sake lol!

Anyway, hope you can track down a nice Evil Ed for your amazing collection. Hope things are good otherwise man!

William

evilsmellyclown
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby evilsmellyclown » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:31 am

thx man, yea, i really should not speak of the dead in such a manner but it really pisses me off regardless.

i got in touch with her on ebay and she says she still has it. we are haggling price right now. man i want that thing. thank you sooo much for the heads up brother. hopefully i will be posting him real soon& it will be all thx to YOU!! :D :D :D :D

mike

WHiTE_SiDER

Postby WHiTE_SiDER » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:43 am

Very nice!! i own one of these old cgp mask and i love it.

Chainsaw

Postby Chainsaw » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:49 am

EVIL DEAD!!! Awesome pieces guys!

Hideous Looking Man

Postby Hideous Looking Man » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:47 am

@Mike - glad to hear it man, and happy I could help out. I hope you get it!

@WHiTE_SiDER - that is one sweet display man! Love the severed hand - nice touch there!

@Chainsaw - hell yeah man! Can't ever get enough Evil Dead.

I still need me an awesome Cheryl bust at some point. I saw the most killer one EVER on Ebay about 4 years back and lost it at the end. Still pissed about that lol. It was seriously the best one I've ever laid eyes on. Whoever made it originally got everything just right. The hair, the paint, the tones, just good god lol. I have a pic of it saved somewhere in case it ever surfaces again. I'd gladly pay double now just to obtain that thing and know it was mine lol. I need to dig around on my backups and find that pic - it's seriously awe-inspiring.

evilsmellyclown
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby evilsmellyclown » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:42 am

Man, I would love to see that Cheryl you are talking about. In the mean time, here is mine.

KEEP POSTING YOUR EVIL DEAD STUFF MY FRIENDS!!!! AWESOME!!

Mike

Hideous Looking Man

Postby Hideous Looking Man » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:18 pm

That's a definite beauty there Mike. Didn't Monte repaint that? And the teeth look redone as well. It's definitely one of the very best out there, without question.

The one I saw just had something really sinister and impressive about it. It was from the same exact sculpt/mold as yours, but minus some of the retooling, as the teeth weren't acrylic IIRC. The paint-up and hair job was what really sold it. It had an eerie blueish-grey skin tone to it that she started having once she got super gnarly-looking near the end. And the hair was greyish-silver, too. It just looked PHENOMENAL. The low lighting of the pics really enhanced it too, since it looked that much spookier lol. I'm sure if I could score one of these and just have it made over to match, it would suffice and be just as awesome. That's probably what I'll end up doing. I spoke to Lewis Frye years ago about possibly taking the project on for me if I could get one cheap enough and then have him make it over.

Dang it, I gotta find that pic of it lol. I'm gonna dig around this weekend and look for it. Pretty sure I know which drive it's on though. Might be able to post it sooner than later.

evilsmellyclown
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby evilsmellyclown » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Here is a Cheryl my buddy got at Maskfest a few years back. Made by artist Addison Freeman, friend of Addisom M.

Mike

Hideous Looking Man

Postby Hideous Looking Man » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:54 pm

It's funny you posted that Mike, as I was thinking about it earlier - I've actually seen that one before too! I think it was Lewis that sent me a pic of it back when that particular show took place, kinda like "hey, check this one out!" - but yeah, it's definitely another super-sweet rendition. I really dig the blue goo around the mouth, too. That one definitely mirrors the overall aesthetic of the one I'm talking about, since it has the same kind of look and feel relevant to Cheryl's state near the film's end. The hair is really dead-on. The shirt even looks perfect, too. I sure wouldn't kick that piece out of bed for eatin' crackers lol.

But yes... here we go. I dug and dug through my photo backups, and here it is, at last!

I dunno... maybe it's just me, but this one really takes the cake IMO - it's just so godd@amned MEAN and NASTY looking. Seriously, this thing just does it for me. If anyone around here owns this thing and even thinks about parting with it, CONTACT ME. For that matter, if someone knows who in fact owns this now, PLEASE let me know. It's just a frickin' BEAST. I can just hear it screaming "JOOOOOOOINNNNNN USSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!" >:D

William

evilsmellyclown
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby evilsmellyclown » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:45 pm

That is awesome!! Same sculpt as mine. Here is the same one as well on eBay. You should pick it up and have it repainted buy the artist of your choice.

http://bit.ly/18gxUat

Mike

Return to “Monsters”