NightOwl Forums
My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! (/showthread.php?tid=11440)

Pages: 1 2

My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - creamedgeezer - 04-21-2006

I have a nice new Freddy swater on the way! Only problem is that Freddy doesnt have a nice new sweater. I need to tear it up and make it filthy. What should I do to mess it up properly?
I used shoe polish on my old licensed sweater a while back.

My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - RavenMedia - 04-21-2006

spray watered down black acrylic into it. once you fray the edges, burn them so they hold on there.

Andy

My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - frosty - 04-21-2006

I also use a spray can of matt black, just lightly spray over, works a treat, don\'t go too heavy, and try to use acrylic spray.

My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - Ben_Forsaken - 04-21-2006

Yup yup and yup! Lol.

Shoe polish and watered down acrylics work great. Especially if you can spray or mist the sweater from a distance. Gives it that oily grimy nasty look we all love so much.

My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - XtremeDesignFX - 04-21-2006

Having ordered several sweaters from Susan(I commisioned her to do my part three sweater) I can help you out with this. The first thing I always do is to dip my sweater in a very watered down ritt black dye bath. Doing this mutes the colors slightly and makes the sweater look dead on color wise(nothing worse than a bright Freddy sweater). I then rinse it well and throw it in the dryer. Then I start the fraying and weathering process. Once the sweater is accurately frayed I use the same dye bath to muck up the collar etc. and to add some stains. Basically I wear a glove and dip my hand into the dye to get some color and I use my fingers to rub the frayed ends of the collar, sleeve cuffs and waistline. once that is finished drying I use the airbrush with some acrylic black to darken(be subtle) the seamlines in the pits and add some spots here and there just to make it look really nasty. It all seems like a lot of work but it goes pretty quick and the end result rocks. I am not saying my way is any better than the other ways mentioned, just the way I go about it. Many different roads to the same destination I always say.LOL! At any rate good luck with it. You will love the sweater, I will not buy sweaters from anyone else.

Lance

Quote:I have a nice new Freddy sewater on the way! Only problem is that Freddy doesnt have a nice new sweater. I need to tear it up and make it filthy. What should I do to mess it up properly?
I used shoe polish on my old licensed sweater a while back.
[post=\"156324\"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - Ben_Forsaken - 04-21-2006

Bury it for a week in black dirt. Dig it up and play tug of war with the dog, then throw it in the road and run it over a couple times. Swish it around in the ashes of your BBQ pit, then bury it again for another week. One more round of tug of war and that sweater should look pretty sweet!!

J/K, obviously.

My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - frosty - 04-21-2006

NO MY WAY IS BEST IGNORE THESE OTHERS! Big Grin
Sounds good, lots of great techniques!, great thread.

My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - creamedgeezer - 04-22-2006

Got it today and it is great! I\'ll do the weathering when it is nicer out. Great fit, definately reccomended!

My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - XtremeDesignFX - 04-22-2006

Which style did you get from her? Pics? I love Freddy sweaters. When I was a kid I made one by spray painting the stripes on a sweater. Man did it stink, you got high just wearing the thing. For my eighteenth birthday my Mom had a fairly accurate version made for me and that is the one I used for years until I found customsweaters.com and had a perfect part three version made.

Lance

Quote:Got it today and it is great! I\'ll do the weathering when it is nicer out. Great fit, definately reccomended!
[post=\"156567\"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My New Sweater Is On The Way, Help Me Mess It Up! - creamedgeezer - 04-22-2006

stripes on the front, back, and sleeves.

I\'ll have my awesome freddy mask on monday or tuesday hopefully, I\'ll post some pics then Smile