NightOwl Forums
My Fred Pizza Project - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: My Fred Pizza Project (/showthread.php?tid=11506)

Pages: 1 2

My Fred Pizza Project - frosty - 04-25-2006

Well after getting my fred pizza casting, i decided i wanted a more display friendly piece, the resin pizza was fine but a bit brittle, so i decided to cast it up and make myself a cold foam version, which would be cool for display as its lighter and if you drop it you don\'t end up with a jigsaw.
First up i ordered myself some silicone, and two kilo promptly arrived, poured it up and yup not enough!, so i ordered another two kilo and this just about done the job, once this set i made a plaster case mould so it would keep its shape, left it overnight and i opened it the following morning
This is what it looked like.
[Image: 444e90afa2258.jpg]
Then i mixed up some fast cast resin and got a resin pull out to check the details, the original is too the right
[Image: 444e97a99401d.jpg]
everything looked good so onto the next job the clay press.
I needed to do this so i could get a rubber version out, to do this i needed to make a plaster mould, now if i just moulded the resin pizza using plaster, i would never get them apart, so the solution is to pour melted plastilene clay into the silicone mould let it set up and then cast that using plaster, dig out the soft clay and hey presto a useable plaster mould for a cold foam rubber cast
here is the silicone mould filled with melted plastilene clay
[Image: 444e975fc2649.jpg]
Looks kinda like chocolate frosting (or icing for my fellow brits)
And here is the clay pizza a couple of hours later
[Image: 444e906d280ea.jpg]
Just needs cleaning up a bit, and a couple of the clay meatball heads replacing with fresh casts from the mould, then i will mould it in plaster and get my final rubber pizza out, then the fun can begin, the painting!.
It may seem a lot of work to get a rubber pizza out, but i feel it will be closer to the original that way, more to come!

My Fred Pizza Project - Martoch - 04-25-2006

Damn, bro...you\'re doing an awesome job with that pizza! Any chance of you creating a mini version or is that out of the question? I\'m sure our 10 year old would love a Freddy pan pizza.
Smile

My Fred Pizza Project - HERETIC - 04-25-2006

Sweet....definately something different and original!

My Fred Pizza Project - puckface - 04-25-2006

you recasted a pizza didnt you, f*ckin recasters man, oma\' gah

My Fred Pizza Project - frosty - 04-25-2006

[quote name=\'Martoch\' date=\'Apr 25 2006, 06:15 PM\']
Damn, bro...you\'re doing an awesome job with that pizza! Any chance of you creating a mini version or is that out of the question? I\'m sure our 10 year old would love a Freddy pan pizza.
Smile
Can\'t do a mini version unfortunately, how bout a couple of meaty slices! :biggrin:

My Fred Pizza Project - VF31 - 04-25-2006

re tool it into pizza on a bagel!

My Fred Pizza Project - puckface - 04-25-2006

PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA in the morning....pizza in the evening.....pizza at supper time...whe-

what?? :unsure:

My Fred Pizza Project - VF31 - 04-26-2006

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

My Fred Pizza Project - IbDaToNeGuY - 04-26-2006

what\'s this Steve ? pizza with banannas ? :blink: anyways .................. Frosty any chance of you selling these pizzas when you are finished with this one or did you just do that for yourself ?

mike,

My Fred Pizza Project - frosty - 04-26-2006

Oh no sir, not me no recasting going on here!!!,i don\'t know yet bud,dont wanna cause a shitstorm, Big Grin.
I may do a few to cover the cost of the mould, spent some serious cashola on this project allready,my other half doesnt know how much, thats why i am still attached to my testicles :banana: