NightOwl Forums
Need A Little Help - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Need A Little Help (/showthread.php?tid=21213)

Need A Little Help - Krypt Kreeper - 12-04-2007

I have Death Studios Cutter mask I bought from a friend and the gloss around the mouth is chipping a little. On the DS site, Jeff reccomends using DevCon 5 minute Epoxy. My question is do I have to peel off the old gloss first or can I just apply the epoxy on top of it.

Need A Little Help - killnskin - 12-05-2007

Personally, I never use epoxy, becaise no matter how good it is, it will chip off. I would, and do, the following. If you can peel it off without taking paint with it, I would remove it. if not, I would fill in under it, so that it takes awya from the greying effect. but if you can get it off. I would use a nice stretchable clear coat spray, in a spray paint can. I can't remember the brand, butI buy this stuff that has a white and blue paper lable, you can get it in the craft second at wallmart in the glue isle. I'm sure you can get it other places too. they sell gloss and mat. I use it for sealing all my masks with it has delicate weathering, like on a myers. but just spray it where you need it, but be warned, once it's on, it's on, so don't screw up... incoming thought...You could also think able using <i>tacky</i> glue, which will dry 3-d and wet looking, it is also flexable.Hoped I helped.Andrew S.<!--quoteo(post=247394:date=Dec 4 2007, 07:45 PM:name=Krypt Kreeper)<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(Krypt Kreeper @ Dec 4 2007, 07:45 PM) <a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=247394\"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class=\'quotemain\'><!--quotecI have Death Studios Cutter mask I bought from a friend and the gloss around the mouth is chipping a little. On the DS site, Jeff reccomends using DevCon 5 minute Epoxy. My question is do I have to peel off the old gloss first or can I just apply the epoxy on top of it.<!--QuoteEnd</div><!--QuoteEEnd

Need A Little Help - Krypt Kreeper - 12-05-2007

<!--quoteo(post=247442:date=Dec 5 2007, 01:52 AM:name=killnskin)<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE(killnskin @ Dec 5 2007, 01:52 AM) <a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=247442\"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class=\'quotemain\'><!--quotecPersonally, I never use epoxy, becaise no matter how good it is, it will chip off. I would, and do, the following. If you can peel it off without taking paint with it, I would remove it. if not, I would fill in under it, so that it takes awya from the greying effect. but if you can get it off. I would use a nice stretchable clear coat spray, in a spray paint can. I can't remember the brand, butI buy this stuff that has a white and blue paper lable, you can get it in the craft second at wallmart in the glue isle. I'm sure you can get it other places too. they sell gloss and mat. I use it for sealing all my masks with it has delicate weathering, like on a myers. but just spray it where you need it, but be warned, once it's on, it's on, so don't screw up... incoming thought...You could also think able using <i>tacky</i> glue, which will dry 3-d and wet looking, it is also flexable.Hoped I helped.Andrew S.<!--QuoteEnd</div><!--QuoteEEndThanks a ton killnskin. I allready bought the epoxy but I may give the spray a try though I don't allways trust myself with a spray can. Again thanks

Need A Little Help - killnskin - 12-05-2007

another thought, you could mask it off somehow. I don't know how you could keep it from being straight lines, but just a thought. maybe tearing up masking tape, then placing it where you need it. good luck either way you go with it.