NightOwl Forums
Dmc Sweater Problem... - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Dmc Sweater Problem... (/showthread.php?tid=33707)

Pages: 1 2

Dmc Sweater Problem... - JigSaw - 03-26-2010

I received my DMC part 1 sweater today. At first I was happy, but something didn't seem right.Then it dawned on me... There's 6 f*cking green stripes on it. The orignal has 5.Not to be picky, but this isn't some mass produced sweater, this is a freakin $200 DMC sweater! The only reason I bought it was because its as close to the original as I've seen. Every single customer who's posted theirs had 5 green stripes. Both the clean and dirty catalog pictures have 5... so why the hell does mine have 6?Anyone else have this problem?!

Dmc Sweater Problem... - hummie12 - 03-26-2010

i don't have a DMC part 1 sweater, but i have heard and seen this on another forum like <u>3 years ago</u>. (so you are not the only one.)

Dmc Sweater Problem... - Darth Veach - 03-26-2010

You know what man, I have to agree with you. You are NOT being picky when you spend that kind of money to get something accurate and it's not. For a 1/4 of that you could just get a Hot Topic sweater if you didn't care!!

Dmc Sweater Problem... - micketagg - 03-26-2010

I am not sure, but i think i have heard this before. If i remeber right it was someone that had one stripe to much from DMC, and he send the sweather back and get a new one from them. I have part 5 sweather from DMC that i am verry happy with, when i order that one from them i had 10% discount because i order 3 items at the same time + free shipping to Sweden. I dont think it shoud be any problems if you contact and tell them about thier big misstake. Good Luck!

Dmc Sweater Problem... - mpetrie - 03-26-2010

<!--quoteo(post=355318:date=Mar 26 2010, 01:08 PM:name=Jigsaw)<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE (Jigsaw @ Mar 26 2010, 01:08 PM) <a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=355318\"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class=\'quotemain\'><!--quotecI received my DMC part 1 sweater today. At first I was happy, but something didn't seem right.Then it dawned on me... There's 6 f*cking green stripes on it. The orignal has 5.Not to be picky, but this isn't some mass produced sweater, this is a freakin $200 DMC sweater! The only reason I bought it was because its as close to the original as I've seen. Every single customer who's posted theirs had 5 green stripes. Both the clean and dirty catalog pictures have 5... so why the hell does mine have 6?Anyone else have this problem?!<!--QuoteEnd</div><!--QuoteEEndCould you post a photo of your sweater? I just checked mine and I have 5 stripes. If you got 6 on yours, then I'd send it back for a replacement or a refund (I'd try to replace it... it's worth owning.)

Dmc Sweater Problem... - crazydog500 - 03-26-2010

from what they told me in a email the sweather is made from the same material the orignal had. dont know about the extra stripe thing because it should be only 5

Dmc Sweater Problem... - b47 - 03-26-2010

You should try to get a replacement. For the price you should have what you paid for: The most accurate sweater around!Good luck.

Dmc Sweater Problem... - johnp - 03-26-2010

Definitely get in touch with them. The DMC Part 1 sweater should have the correct number of stripes (but not the Part 5, sadly).@crazydog500: the DMC sweaters are all synthetic, while the original sweater was most likely cotton. They used to state this on the site. Be careful trusting any information from DMC about non-makeup things (wardrobe, gloves, etc.). If you don't believe me, look at their silly fedora.

Dmc Sweater Problem... - crazydog500 - 03-26-2010

<!--quoteo(post=355334:date=Mar 26 2010, 02:34 PM:name=john p)<div class=\'quotetop\'>QUOTE (john p @ Mar 26 2010, 02:34 PM) <a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=355334\"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class=\'quotemain\'><!--quotecDefinitely get in touch with them. The DMC Part 1 sweater should have the correct number of stripes (but not the Part 5, sadly).@crazydog500: the DMC sweaters are all synthetic, while the original sweater was most likely cotton. They used to state this on the site. Be careful trusting any information from DMC about non-makeup things (wardrobe, gloves, etc.). If you don't believe me, look at their silly fedora.<!--QuoteEnd</div><!--QuoteEEndYea agree i kinda dont believe some of the stuff they tell me

Dmc Sweater Problem... - JigSaw - 03-26-2010

I just heard back from David Miller, he said to send it back and it would be corrected, and I would be reimbursed the shipping cost.