NightOwl Forums
Arizona's Immigration Law - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Arizona's Immigration Law (/showthread.php?tid=35147)

Pages: 1 2

Arizona's Immigration Law - SideshowFreak - 07-07-2010

Do you agree with Arizona's immigration law?

I think it would be best to keep this just as a poll. I do not want this to turn into a heated political debate.

I was just wondering how my fellow head hunters feel about this.

Arizona's Immigration Law - stainboy - 07-07-2010

I think many are getting confused with the recent debate over the Arizona immigration issue. This isn't an immigration debate as much as it's a states' rights debate. Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution states that the Federal Government has the ability to regulate naturalization (immigration), so regardless what the people of Arizona feel they can dictate in their own state, the Constitution overrules it.

It would be similar if Idaho -all of a sudden- decided to eliminate citizenship rights for (fill in the blank) minority groups. Regardless of what democratic measure that Idahoans used to come up with their law, the 14th Amendment (Equal Protection Clause) would trump it.

Arizona's Immigration Law - mpetrie - 07-07-2010

(07-07-2010, 07:23 PM)stainboy date Wrote:I think many are getting confused with the recent debate over the Arizona immigration issue. This isn't an immigration debate as much as it's a states' rights debate. Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution states that the Federal Government has the ability to regulate naturalization (immigration), so regardless what the people of Arizona feel they can dictate in their own state, the Constitution overrules it.

It would be similar if Idaho -all of a sudden- decided to eliminate citizenship rights for (fill in the blank) minority groups. Regardless of what democratic measure that Idahoans used to come up with their law, the 14th Amendment (Equal Protection Clause) would trump it.
Here's what I don't get... if it's against the Federal Law to illegally enter the country... why doesn't the Federal Government do something about it? Just cracking down on the drug smugglers, murderers, etc is a decent start but you would not believe the number of jobs are taken up by them that could be done by legal immigrants or citizens. I work in Welfare and deal with a Spanish-only caseload and 95% of my cases have illegal immigrants on them and a massive amount of them use fake Social Security numbers or numbers belonging to other people so they can work. Also a massive amount of them are paid under the table so no taxes are paid on this income. I find it disgusting that our Federal Government simply refuses to enforce its own laws but instead goes after a State that is simply aggressively enforcing the laws that already exist. Sure, I disagree with some parts of the Arizona law, but I am in favor of enforcing the laws of the land. Period.

Arizona's Immigration Law - LeatherfaceFan07 - 07-07-2010

(07-07-2010, 08:15 PM)Knifegloves date Wrote:I find it disgusting that our Federal Government simply refuses to enforce its own laws but instead goes after a State that is simply aggressively enforcing the laws that already exist. Sure, I disagree with some parts of the Arizona law, but I am in favor of enforcing the laws of the land. Period.

Well put my friend.

Arizona's Immigration Law - Patsmear - 07-07-2010

(07-07-2010, 08:15 PM)Knifegloves date Wrote:Just cracking down on the drug smugglers, murderers, etc is a decent start but you would not believe the number of jobs are taken up by them that could be done by legal immigrants or citizens.

I am all for them if they are working and I will tell you why.

Here in New Orleans, we had a HUGE influx of migrant workers come here after Katrina. They were some of the only people that were here to help us rebuild. I saw numerous videos on the news of locals being interviewed, and when asked why they weren't working, they said that they couldn't work, because they had to fix their house! I call BULLS#*T!!!!

They were too lazy and wanted the government to support them, the "Legals".

I worked from when I got back, not only on my house, but anyone that needed help carrying wood, painting, etc. I for one send a thanks out to every single person that picked up a hammer, or set up a taco truck.

I hope none of you ever have to go through what I saw. It was as close to a war zone as I ever want to get. The 1st 3 mo. I was back I saw fights in the grocery over food. I would get a call at 6 am and hear a voice saying the store near me had chicken. It would disappear as soon as it came in.

These illegals, brought food and fed us for pennies on the dollar, and for that I thank them!

Pat

Arizona's Immigration Law - SideshowFreak - 07-08-2010

Nobody has gone overboard yet,but lets just keep this to a poll guys.

These types of threads usually get out of hand at some point .So please NO replies. I don't want to start any arguments or offend anyone.

Thanks
-Jared

Arizona's Immigration Law - nsmpls - 07-10-2010

[Image: 5owdau.jpg]

Sorry
I had to

Arizona's Immigration Law - WestlakeDarkman - 07-16-2010

unfortunately arizona is within its right to defend itself by enforcing federal law. each state should have its own right to deport illegal immigrants

Arizona's Immigration Law - stainboy - 07-16-2010

Some mod should lock this thread, so I won't be enticed to reply...because I'm certainly feeling the want.

Arizona's Immigration Law - SideshowFreak - 07-19-2010

lol go for it!