NightOwl Forums
Part 7 Hockey Mask - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Part 7 Hockey Mask (/showthread.php?tid=5484)

Pages: 1 2

Part 7 Hockey Mask - Last_of_the_Brunnen-G - 03-31-2005

I watched The New Blood last night on dvd, and looked at the mask on pause a few times during different scenes. It made me wonder, do any of you know which mask in what scene Silver Shampain\'s hockey masks were molded from? The closest match I could find was the mask at the end that gets cracked is cracked in half. Otherwise, the axe chop in SSN\'s mask doesn\'t match up to any of the scenes, and the vent holes are too big, and there are a few other things that are consistent in all the masks in The New Blood that I don\'t see on SSN\'s. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Part 7 Hockey Mask - jonl - 03-31-2005

Quote:I watched The New Blood last night on dvd, and looked at the mask on pause a few times during different scenes.  It made me wonder, do any of you know which mask in what scene Silver Shampain\'s hockey masks were molded from?  The closest match I could find was the mask at the end that gets cracked is cracked in half.  Otherwise, the axe chop in SSN\'s mask doesn\'t match up to any of the scenes, and the vent holes are too big, and there are a few other things that are consistent in all the masks in The New Blood that I don\'t see on SSN\'s.  Can anyone shed some light on this?
[post=\"77824\"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

LOL, find yourself a NIGHTOWL F7 Hockey Mask, if you want the best

Part 7 Hockey Mask - myers-san - 03-31-2005

Well..This is a touchy sublect..and Jon l is right..Justin\'s are Awesome...but i do own a newblood mask from SSN and frankly it is very nice!!!!!!!!!!, and although i have not tried to match it up to a scene, i can tell you that Sean assures me they are from brad and that they are from a screen-used mold.... Big Grin

Jason.

Part 7 Hockey Mask - Ben_Forsaken - 03-31-2005

lol, I said the same thing. Might come from the mold, but it sure doesn\'t look like it.

Part 7 Hockey Mask - SuperDanDrista - 03-31-2005

Sure Brad did paint some of the originals....BUT, that was like 17 years ago...I worked at PetCo 3 years ago and wouldn\'t even remember how to use the cash register if I went back now..imagine 17 years in between doing a certain job.....Bad analogy but just because he did them for the movie doesn\'t mean he\'d do them right later..

Part 7 Hockey Mask - Hauntmaster9 - 03-31-2005

I think the ones that come with the bust look funny because they\'re fibreglass so the holes and eyes come out bigger and the nose smaller. Myers-San\'s copy is plastic and it looks incredible. As Jpop has said before he paints his to look like they do on screen but Brad paints them like the screen used props were.

Part 7 Hockey Mask - myers-san - 03-31-2005

EXACTLY!!!!!! THANKS HAUNT\'!! :wub:

Part 7 Hockey Mask - goaliehack - 03-31-2005

Gotta love a topic that is pretty much "so why do SSN\'s hockey masks suck and arn\'t accurate?". :lol: Actually your best bet for were there Hockey Mask came from would be the same casting JZ got which would be right before the porch caves in on Jason. Things were different IE bigger holes, axe cut, paint etc etc. Now SSN paints there mask to be a well rounded F7, rather then from one particular scene. Holes on the ABS hockey masks don\'t seem near as big, but thats because of how easy it is to drill them out in comparison to fiberglass. Like I said, from the mold, decent paint job, good material can\'t do much better for 125 smackers considering one of Justins better F7\'s *because like everyone some work was better then others* can catch upwards of 250.

Part 7 Hockey Mask - Hauntmaster9 - 03-31-2005

Where did you get the info that he uses the same mold as JZ? I got a mold from that same mask too, and it\'s a stunt mask and is rounder than the hero mask.

Part 7 Hockey Mask - goaliehack - 03-31-2005

JZ never had a screen used mold, JZ molded a stunt casting. :wink: SSN\'s should be directly from the mold, but my guess is just by looking at the shape it would have been stunt use. May have just been warped/streched when JZ molded it, thus making it more round. :unsure: PS, I said \'best bet\' meaning that it is a guess worth looking into. :wink: