NightOwl Forums
Creativity Needed - Printable Version

+- NightOwl Forums (https://forums.nightowlpro.com)
+-- Forum: The Crypt (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forums.nightowlpro.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Creativity Needed (/showthread.php?tid=8246)

Pages: 1 2

Creativity Needed - antisocial1 - 10-15-2005

That other post kinda made me realise that I gotta get a move on if I want a costume for Halloween!
All I have so far is a pair of fangs from Hot Topic, and I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas for the rest of the costume. I don\'t want to be the stereotypical vampire that everyone dresses as for Halloween. Have anything more original?

Creativity Needed - Hauntmaster9 - 10-15-2005

Goto wallmart or a fabric store and look at their halloween pattern catalogue, they have amazing patterns for clothes from past eras. If you can sew or know someone who can sew you could fashion a wicked victorian vampire costume for cheap.

Creativity Needed - SNIKT! - 10-15-2005

Well, I was a vampire for 4 years straight, What I thought of for an original look is I went down to the local martial arts supply store in chinatown and got a lace up black kung-fu shirt and robe. I really liked the look of it, it just depends what look your going for.

Quote:Goto wallmart or a fabric store and look at their halloween pattern catalogue, they have amazing patterns for clothes from past eras.  If you can sew or know someone who can sew you could fashion a wicked victorian vampire costume for cheap.
[post=\"115418\"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Haha! That was the same idea I had! late 14th or early 15th century gown. Smile I like the romanticized version of vampires... the fact that they can look harmless and surprise their victim. And I can sew it up, but the pattern is $20 and then the fabric will be over $50. *sigh* Any cheaper ideas?

Creativity Needed - FinalOmega - 10-15-2005

Local Custom store? Look there for a Vampire custom there, Like the robe and what not., you might even be able to rent one.

Creativity Needed - Jason Fan - 10-15-2005

Carry a book on the Law and a bloody knife. Then when people ask what you are, say that you\'re a bloodsucking, back-stabbing Lawyer. Tongue

Quote:Carry a book on the Law and a bloody knife.  Then when people ask what you are, say that you\'re a bloodsucking, back-stabbing Lawyer.   Tongue
[post=\"115422\"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
lmfao. Well, that\'s creative... though not sure if that\'s the look I\'m going for, lol.

There is no custom store, and I was wondering if a robe or cloak would be too common?

Creativity Needed - Hauntmaster9 - 10-15-2005

Yeah you\'re not going to be able to rent a good quality costume for less than you\'d be able to sew one up.

Quote:Yeah you\'re not going to be able to rent a good quality costume for less than you\'d be able to sew one up.
[post=\"115426\"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Around $45 or so, but they didn\'t have anything good. at all. lol.

Creativity Needed - Indica x - 10-15-2005

Hillbilly Vampire, Modern Goth Vampire (Blade style), Dr. Vampire, Officer Vampire, Construction worker Vampire, McDonalds worker Vampire, and Ancient Roman Vampire theres so many thats the good thing about Vampires they could be anyone in any time period.